1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hello from Chicago

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by seeso, Apr 7, 2006.

1. seeso

seeso

Apr 7, 2006
    What's up, guys. I'm Seeso from Chicago. I stumbled across this forum searching for Elrick Bass reviews and news. I'm making his new web site.

I'm a bass player too, but I'm not a gear guy. I just play. But after looking at all the pictures of beautiful instruments in this forum and in Elrick's photo archive, I just might start GASsing really soon.

Look out for the new elrick.com site soon. I'll let you guys know when it's up.

Peace.

2. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    You play with Chicago! Cool! 25 or 6 to 4 baby! ;)

Hey, welcome to TB!

3. seeso

seeso

Apr 7, 2006
    Yeah, man, but I had to leave those dudes. Peter Cetera kept making passes at me...

Thanks for the welcome, bro!

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Can't wait to see the new site- I'm an Elrick nut. I have owned and sold two, still own three, and I have one being made right now. I've got tons of pics at my gear website (linked in my signature below) if you are a collector of them. His current site doesn't do justice to the looks and quality of his work. Welcome to TB!

5. seeso

seeso

Apr 7, 2006
    Hey man, thanks for the welcome. I went to your sites. That artwork is sublime. I especially like "Seeking Refuge."

Your Elricks are really beautiful, too. It must have been hard to get rid of that fretless. Rob makes some quality instruments. Top notch. He needs some more publicity. I hope I can help him out with this redesign. It doesn't quite match the beauty of his basses, but at least it's getting closer.

I agree, his current site is horrible. We're just going to do a straight redesign to be completed by the end of this month. We plan to add some more features to the site in subsequent updates.

I am not a collector of his work, I can't afford them! I'd love to own one, though. Maybe someday.

What kind of bass is Rob making for you?

Hey man, since you're an Elrick nut, if you want to see the redesign before the launch, send me a PM. I'll send you the URL. I could use another opinion anyway.

Peace.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I sold the fretless to....pay for ANOTHER fretless :D This one's a bit different than normal. It'll have a 33" scale, which I think will be great for a four-string fretless, and it will have Hipshot Xtenders for all four strings. The 35" on the fretless I had was a bit too long for me- this one will have different body woods as well.

Thanks for checking out my art site as well!