1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello, from Colorado!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Jeramotion, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Jeramotion

Jeramotion

Jun 29, 2012
    Colorado
    Hi, new member here, obviously, just wanted to say Hi.

I'm born and raised in the Denver area. I'm new to bass, new to playing music actually. Well, that's not entirely true, I remember back in the early to mid eighties when public schools here still had music classes. So, I had some basic intro to music at a young age, and nothing since... Man, could I play "Mary had a little lamb," on a plastic recorder, though!

I've had a deep urge for a long time to go into a music store and look around, and eventually I did. I picked up a used Affinity P that looked pretty good to me, and didn't want to put it down. I added a Behringer Ultrabass 60W combo amp and walked out $220 bucks lighter for the set. I know, not the best gear but I'm a noob and for the price I think I did alright. I haven't regretted in since. So I am learning to play, slowly, eagerly.

2. Hactar

Hactar

Sep 25, 2011
    Boulder, CO
    Welcome to TB!

It's great to have a new member! :hyper:

Sounds like you have decent starter rig.
    You can work your way up from that when you feel the need.

3. Jeramotion

Jeramotion

Jun 29, 2012
    Colorado
    Thanks, I'm glad to have found this forum!