1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello from the Pampas

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by paimun, Dec 21, 2018.

1. paimun

paimun

Dec 21, 2018
    Argentina
    Hi!

Paimun (pronounced pie-moon, it's the lovely doggie in the avatar) here.
    I've been playing music since I was 12, the first instrument I wanted to play was the bass but ended up getting guitar classes (thankfully that taught me some theory!). Obviously I ended up being the bassist in every band I played in, but still didn't really learn how to play.
    I graduated as a physician last year, so when my finances improved a bit and I happened to walk past a music shop, I couldn't resist. So, here I am, at last trying to get on well with the instrument I always wanted to play.

I hail from Argentina (currently live in Buenos Aires, the capital) but I've lived in Germany, and a little while in France and Portugal.

My humble gear right now is a 4-strings '99 Korean Samick Stingray Copy and a Peavey 110 Minx. I like both of them, the bass feels really comfortable although it needs a set-up and new strings (it's getting both this holidays). The amp is just what I need right now.

Any help on exercising or learning will be thanked! I hope I can manage to play a little better during next year, at least. It's exciting to start anew.

Thanks for the space! I hope to contribute a lot here.

2. BossOnBass

BossOnBass

Aug 11, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Welcome Paimun!

paimun likes this.
  3. Yes welcome and chime in.