1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello peeplez!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    So far, I'm having the time of me life! I did my tour of Old Traffdord yesterday, and I have PLENTY o' pix!!! As my friends over here say, I'm chuffed to bits! (Even though we lost last night! :( :mad: ) I'm in Brighton right now. We're playing Joogleberry's tonight, and the Jazz Cafe in London tomorrow. Liverpool was a blast last night. My idiot artist announced from the stage, that I was a diehard Red Devil :eek: , which was met with thunderous boos! :bassist: :hyper: The Southport Weekender should be wicked! Well, too much ale, and not enough time! Btw, Stu said that he may join us here. I'll be hooking up with him again tommorrow. All hail the Qintar!!!!!!!

2. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Quite envious here! Have some pies and enjoy yourself...

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm...

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Hey there!

I´m glad that you´re enjoying your stay there!

Oh yeah, congrats on the 0-1 loss against FC Copenhagen :D

4. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Woodchuck, you live EXACTLY the regulation distance from Old Trafford to be a United fan! :)

And in Brighton tonight, eh? We'll have to send Brighton's best known low end afficionado down to share his points of view.... :meh: :meh: :meh: :meh: :meh: (cue creepy music)

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Indeed.

bc

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Greetings and Salutations. :)

7. See if you can find the Geico gecko while you're over there!

'It's loike chips and pie." :D

Break a leg, Woody! ;)

Mike

8. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    'ooh duzn't like free pie and chips? It's pie, and chips, for free!

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think the Gecko has an Aussie accent.

bc

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Greetings from Amsterdam!!!! Speaking of pie and chips, I had a great one in London 2 days ago. Everything's going great so far, and Chelsea lost!!! :hyper:

11. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Good for you, I'm jealous. Get those pix posted, can't wait to see 'em.

12. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    No, it's actually a fairly typical London accent.

It often surprises me when Americans mistake an English accent for Aussie or vice versa. Several people asked me if I was from Australia last time I was in California.

13. FC Københaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavn!

14. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Wow - only just noticed this thread !! :eek:

I wouldn't have been unable to come though - 2nd Nov. was my Father's birthday and all the family met up for a curry in Rottingdean!!

Friday I was at the Brighton Jazz cub watching Stan Tracey and Guy Barker ...sorry,I was too busy!! :)

I would have liked to have met up with Woodchuck!! :(

15. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

thurs 2 ANTHONY DAVID + MEGAN GOODWIN + JAMES KUSKEWSKI acoustic soul
    A fantastic opportunity to see ANTHONY DAVID for the first time in Brighton. He is supporting India Arie on her next tour, and with a song written by him on her first album and her voice on his own new album RED CLAY CHRONICLES released on 9th October 06, Anthony David is clearly a man who is making an impact on the soul/rnb scene.Described as a modern-day Bill Withers, with his blues voice and the contemporary social issues he tackles in some of his songs, like the album title track about gentrification and rebuilding of the inner city,and the pushing out of long-time, low-income residents.

Despite not having a record released outside the US until now, David has traveled extensively around Europe over the past two years, playin the North Sea Jazz Festival in Rotterdam, several dates at London s Jazz Café and shows in Paris, Berlin and Stockholm, building a decent fan following along the way. A major part of his game plan is to work live as much as he can in Europe and around the world.

David s music is still an R&B and soul melting pot, and this will be an exclusive chance to see him perform totally acoustically  brilliant!

16. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Are you playing? I thought you were just managing this tour.

17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    A few pix. This guy is bad news! :scowl:

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Me at my Mecca!

19. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Sweet. Not you, the tour. You're a little too butch for my taste, sorry. :D

20. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    More pix. My two drinking mates, Adam and Stu (bad influences!), and me in Amsterdam tonight.