Hello!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by TheXym, Oct 19, 2006.

1. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    I'm the latest new guy I guess.... hopefully the initiation won't be TOO bad ;)

In case anyone actually is interested, or wants to chat a bit, here's a bit about me:

I'm a high school music teacher, dealing with grades 7-12, teaching Choir, Music Theory, Music Literature, and Music Technology. I was primarily a keyboard player, but I did play bass for a while in jr. high, and a couple of years ago my wife surprised me with an Ibanez TR series 4 string for Christmas and I've been hooked ever since, moving up to a Yamaha TRBII 4 string that I love the feel of, and playing with a local jazz combo on occasion.

I'm a huge Dream Theater and Queensrÿche fan, but I'm also into a variety of music besides the prog/metal scene. In jazz, I'm a big Jaco Pastorius fan, though in all honesty until recently my jazz perspective was from that of a trumpet and keyboard player (that was my major instrument in college, double minor in piano and voice).

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021