1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by NickTej22, Feb 17, 2013.

1. NickTej22

NickTej22

Feb 17, 2013
    Largo FL
    Hi, I'm Nick. I live in Florida, originally from New Hampshire. Came across this website while using Google. I recently got back into playing bass, which is my biggest hobby. I just bought a schecter studio 5 for $350 on mint condition, picking up my acoustic b450 combo on Wednesday. I love playing the style of Ryan martinie.

2. NickTej22

NickTej22

Feb 17, 2013
    Largo FL
    Btw also looking to learn about modding, which is something I didn't think you could do so much to a bass.

3. NickTej22

NickTej22

Feb 17, 2013
    Largo FL
    Here's some shots:

Attached Files:

4. NickTej22

NickTej22

Feb 17, 2013
    Largo FL
    More

Attached Files:

5. NickTej22

NickTej22

Feb 17, 2013
    Largo FL
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome lol..

6. BassyBass81

BassyBass81

Feb 26, 2013
    wny
    I like mudvayne aswell, and a studio 6'er is on my list of want to gets. How is she tretting you so far? Can you get that bright but gritty/almost trashy kinda tone that ryan does?

7. NickTej22

NickTej22

Feb 17, 2013
    Largo FL
    Yeah I think I'm pretty freakin close to it, I mostly rely on the finger technique and rear pickup. I use to own a cheapo Dean, and a squire precision 5 string. And out of those and all the window shopping playing I've done, I love this one the best.

8. BassyBass81

BassyBass81

Feb 26, 2013
    wny
    yep, i use to have a dean edge years ago. that's when i learned that round-wounds and a frettless rosewood finger board don't mix.

9. NickTej22

NickTej22

Feb 17, 2013
    Largo FL
    I think that may be the model I had? I'm still learning about strings. Right now I'm running dr hi beams, because Ryan Martinie claims that's where he gets most of his tone, which I agree, and they don't eat the frets.

10. NickTej22

NickTej22

Feb 17, 2013
    Largo FL
    This is my old Dean, it use to be white but I painted it black, not sure what model, I don't remember the specs either this was a long long time ago...when jnco and hot topic was the best thing Lmao.

Attached Files:

11. BassyBass81

BassyBass81

Feb 26, 2013
    wny
    hollowpointpic.
    don't forget the track suits to lmao!!!!!!!!

12. NickTej22

NickTej22

Feb 17, 2013
    Largo FL
    That kind of looks like my old one, but I don't remember the top cut away being that long. I think I paid $75 used at a guitar store