Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HELP! I need an AMP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lolla, Apr 17, 2004.

1. Lolla

Lolla

Apr 17, 2004
    Hello people!

I really need to buy a proper amp coz I'm starting a new band and i've only had a practice amp for the last year or so. Does any one have any suggestions? I was thinking about buying a Gallien Krueger.

Thanks!

From Lolla

2. ddayseb

ddayseb

Mar 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    GK's are super-solid workhorse amps, and I couldn't imagine going wrong with one. I've owned an 800 and it always worked great for me: cheap, loud, reliable, clean, basic, flexible. It would be eaiser to point you in the direction of one thing as opposed to another, though, if we knew what pieces of equipment you were working with already, and maybe what sort of sound you think you'd like to have. Best of luck!

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    peavey or ashdown.

ive got a solidstate peavey that is a mean mother. and ive got an ashdown abm 900 that is a mean mother. peavey are cheaper and ashdown are a bit more expensive. i hear soem people have touble with ashdowns and stuff, however, i myself have not and folks on this board have good things to say about them, so ive seen. my only kuam with ashdown...use green, not blue.

also the mesa m-pulses are a good buy. played a 600 and thought it sounded mean.