1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

HELP! I'm pulling what little hair I have left out!

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by nunzio81, Oct 13, 2010.

1. nunzio81

nunzio81

Aug 18, 2004
    I started out with a Slap King upright with Full Circle Pick-up and Fishman Platinum EQ, even though it had a big bass sound most of the time I heard no Real tone and I thought it lacked in the G string area. I broke the little weak wire on the Pick-up wheel so that pick up is done.

I just bought a Big twin and Golden Trinity combo with blender I was not impressed the first gig two weeks ago and I still am not. The unit came with a broken stereo cable and for the life of me I cannot get a good loud sound, I play Rockabilly, Big Band and a small low volume jazz gig, it’s either volume and no tone or tone and no volume the feedback is ridiculous. I moved far away from the speakers, turned off the Mic, stuffed cloth everywhere, tried the pick-up on just about every part of the bass. Is it just too much to ask for volume and tone? Did I buy the wrong pick up, am I doing something wrong?

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021