Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help in need from computer wiz!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bas_anton, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Here´s the deal. I bought a computer in last autumn. It has two hard disks. The master disk broke a couple a weeks ago. Yesterday I got a new one (warranty). Its an IDE disk. My problem is which "bus" setting shall I use. I have thrown away al my "how to build your own computer" papers.
    There are three alternatives:

1: Slave

2: Single or master

3: Master w/ slave present

obviously it isn´t the first one. Whats the difference between number 1 and 2. And just to make sure It´s the MASTER disk I´m talking about.

2. do you have a cs or cable select option it would really be the easiest way to do it. but if not number 2 is if you have a single hard disk and will be using it as a stand alone. number 3 is if you plan is running 2 hard disk's in tandom

3. +1

If you're planning on leaving the other hard drive in there, use Master w/ Slave present.

4. thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure. I get a little nervy. If sonthing gets screwed up, I won´t getting new bass strings for a while :bawl:

5. no problem, hey if you have any other questions, feel free to pm me i love this stuff