1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me cable up my SVT pro4!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by goodbuddysal, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Help me out guys,
    I need help in learning how to cable up my Ampeg, like with effects loops, foot switches and my Korg tuner. In and out-back and rt, left-stereo-where do i get my info? Thanks guys!
    trying real hard,
    Sal

2. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    well it all depends. is it a rack tuner? what kind of pedals are you talking about?

send on the amp to in on tuner, out on tuner to return on amp.

i would run pedals between your guitar and input.

also if you want the pedals into the effects loop. send to the input on the first pedal, then chain it together, last out on the final pedal goes into the return input.

3. Yes, I think I understand the effects loop thing. The Korg rack tuner is another story. these effects loops: do I hit a preamp or postamp? whiich is best?

4. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    it's a matter of what sounds better to your ears. if i'm not mistaken one setting will allow the effects to just alter the tone of the preamp, the other will take it's place.

i put all my pedals between the bass and head. i think it sounds best that way.

5. Ed x TWWK

Ed x TWWK

Sep 8, 2008
    with my svt 4-pro i run the following:

Bass>Wireless>SansAmp>SVT4

DBX266xl Compressor through the effects loop.

Tuner out jack on the head>Korg dtr-1000

It also depends if you're playing in stereo or not, and the effects you're using.

When I run one 810, I mono-bridge the amp, and use the mono out.
    When I run 2 810's, I make sure the switch is on stereo, and take the outs from Power amp A and B, and run them to each cabinet.

6. Don't put your pedals in the effect loop, it does not run at the level effect pedals are meant to run, you could overdrive or even severly damage somthing that way. Pedals go between your bass and the input. Effect loops are meant for rackmount processor that run at ''line level''.

You could use the tuner out of the head to feed your tuner, I think it would be a good idea and it wouldn't affect your tone since it wouldn't be in the chain.

All the info you need should be in the manual by the way. If you bought the head used and don't have it, her it is:

http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/SVT4PRO.pdf

I owned this head a couple years and know it inside out, if you have specific questions feel free to ask them.