Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me decide people!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by karandy29, Jul 9, 2005.

1. I'm planing to buy a not so expensive bass for now on, and save much more money to buy a bass for the future, and it is going to be priced around 600-800$.

and my choices are
    1. G&L Tribute L-2500
    2. Tune 6 String ( i will look later bout the type )

any more suggestion people? the bass should have 5-6 string, but not 4, thanks people! :cool:

2. My vote goes for the G&L. I have a Tribute L2k, and I love it. One of the best basses for under $1,000 in my opinion. Mine has a great neck, a low action, and has more growl than a panther.

3. ooo ok man, any more suggestion? i was hoping you answer the G&L though :p and the good thing bout that bass is that bass is only 600$! :cool:

4. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    G&L...... Also take a look at:

EBMM S.U.B. 5

5. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    +1. Either would be a great choice.

6. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    G&L rocks. Even the tribute series is great. I dun think that Tunes could come even close to a Tribute.

7. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I'd avoid the Tune. Tunes from back in ye olden days, that were crafted in Japan (I think the full name was Tune Bass Maniac), were excellent basses. The new Tunes are made in Korea and have nothing to do with the Tune basses originally from Japan.

In the $600- $800 price range, there are a lot of awesome basses you can get. G&L Tribute, MusicMan SUB (made in the USA), Lakland Skyline...

And if you're not averse to buying preowned, you could likely get a used Warwick Corvette or used Spector ReBop or maybe even Euro. I think even Warwick Fortresses (I'm talking the German-made Fortresses that were discontinued in the late 1990s) can be had used at that price if you can find one.

8. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    If you have 600 bucks for a bass and you buy a tune, you are making a big mistake. Definately go with the G&L. However there are so many good basses in that price range, that unless you have already played a bunch of basses and theses are your final 2 selections I would say play some more basses before you decide.