Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help me decide.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Microbass, Oct 21, 2004.

1. yes

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. go get the girl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ask them to keep looking and keep me as their last resort...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Right, I've been told I should addition for this band.

anyone ever heard of the ravelles in or around the glasgow area?

their bassist has left and their drummer told me i should have a go. i was really interested, however, im starting to think, that maybe i shouldnt do this.

so heres how i see it
    pros:
    ill be gigging, and making money at that! any glasgow will bring my friends and family, so that will be a good plus many bands don't seem to have these days around here.
    they are serious muscians, can sing and play their instruments well.
    I've only heard 3 clips from 3 tracks, but they must have a pretty decent set.
    i'll probably get use that Trace 4x10 more often ;)
    I'll be finally doing what I want to do!
    Making new friends.

cons:
    they want to up their jamming to twice a week.
    time and money is an issue, and i know i wont make any money for a while. the addition problem is here I only make £10 a week, I cannot get a proper job at this time, since we have our puppy, and I am the one who is lokoing after him most, as well as school work! So really, by the time I've done all my homework, dog walked, it;s at least 5 pm. I think I would end up falling behind a little behind in my social life, perhaps school work sometimes, and moreso my wee pup wouldnt get as attention.

the what if's
    recently i began single again, so really I need anything to keep me out the house and keep my mind busy. but there is still hope for this relationship, I;m not chasing after her, but what if we got back together? i just wouldnt have the time.

if i did miss out on this band what happens if i have nothing left?

what if i end up missing out on so much so should be there for? I am only 16, but I just cant see many bands, or girls popping up in the future. i feel liek this could take over my life and i'll up like a 16 year old parent; or something like someone who had to grow up too fast. i just don't know.

help me make a descision. there's a good chance ill probably just screw this! and do it, but i'd prefer to waste as little of the bands time as possible...

any input or further comments would be appreciated

[/rant ]

2. There'll be plenty of both in the future.

Deal with the band if you like that bunch of guys. You can't make a girl like you, but the right combination of guys can come around once in 10 years for you.

3. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    You're only 16, you have your whole lifetime ahead of you for more girls AND bands. I wouldn't stress out about it so much. At the very least, I think you should audition and see how that goes. It's hard to decide whether or not a band will work for you without at least going and playing with the members and seeing how the "vibe" is.

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    go audition
    girls dig guys in bands - :D

5. Definitely go for the audition, even if you don't end up joining it will have been a good experience for you.

In addition to what everyone else has said... the way I see it, if your girl doesn't want to share you with a band, find another girl.

6. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    +1