1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me ID this white double-bound Ibanez!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by paperstraws, Oct 14, 2013.

1. paperstraws

paperstraws

Oct 14, 2013
    http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/msg/4067755544.html

The seller got it in a trade, and he thinks it's an SRX350, but I'm not sure. I haven't seen any other Ibanez basses with the knobs aligned in a row.

Is this worth $250? Or am I better off buying an SR200 or SR300? (I'm a beginner.)

Thanks!

2. I would ask for a closer and clearer picture of the back of the headstock. The model number should be there.

3. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Looks like an SRX2EX2 to me. Very nice bass. Lightweight. Sounds huge. Very versatile. Anything under $400 is a steal.

4. paperstraws

paperstraws

Oct 14, 2013
  5. It is an Ibanez srx2ex2. I have one and I am trying to sell it locally. The only reason I am doing so is because I am transitioning to a 5. It has a really rockin' sound and has a fast neck. It is/was my first bass and I still really like it. It is heavier than an sr300, but has a fuller more aggressive tone.

6. Agreed - an SRX. $269 seems a bit high for a used SR300.
    Personally I'd take an SR300 over an SRX any day because they sound smoother IMO, and have a 3band active EQ. The neck on the SR is a tad thinner than on the SRX, and has nicer body contours.

7. paperstraws

paperstraws

Oct 14, 2013
    I ended up purchasing an SR300 on TB. Thanks for all your help!

8. ^ Now you can join the Soundgear club. ;)