1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help me identify please!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Zako, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Zako

Zako

May 9, 2007
    Waterloo, IA
    I wanna sound like the bassist of the band Black Teeth, i bet most of you never heard of them because there just a hardcore band from Illionois.
    And are breaking up soon :crying:

Im pretty sure hes just using a fuzz pedal of somesort, but im not really that good on deciding on pedals because theres so many of them:help:

http://www.myspace.com/blackteethpeoria

just listen to the first song, Ghost Town Anthems, bass starts right away. any help appreciated.

2. bigchiefbc

bigchiefbc Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Rhode Island, USA
    That sounds more like what I usually call "distortion" as opposed to "fuzz". I would start with one of the Proco Rats for that tone, probably the Turbo Rat. Some of the guys around here will probably suggest the Tech 21 XXL-B for that tone as well.

3. moose23

moose23

Dec 27, 2007
    Builder Moose23 Electronics
    Try mesaging him on myspace.

4. Zako

Zako

May 9, 2007
    Waterloo, IA
    lol i guess i didnt even think of that haha.:meh:

and thanks for the advice on selections Bigchiefbc

5. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    Ahhh I remember reading about this on a different forum before. Hopefully the myspace thing comes through otherwise I'll try to find it again. Black Teeth is sick btw.

6. moose23

moose23

Dec 27, 2007
    Builder Moose23 Electronics
    Looking at the live shots he doesn't seem to use a pedal live but I've a feeling he uses a Russian Big Muff for that sound.