[Help] Musicman Stingray HH Wiring Diagram

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by James Beard, Jul 28, 2021.

1. James Beard

James Beard

Jul 28, 2021
    Hi there.. I’m newbie..

I just got a used bass (OLP MM3) that have been modified to have the same electronic configuration as EBMM Sringray HH by previous owner using 2 GnL L2500 passive pickups (neck & bridge), 3 band stingray 35 preamps, and 5-way lever switch (i believe its not a super switch, only got 8 poles).. the configuration of 5-way pickup selector is not same to the EBMM Stingray HH.. so I want to change the configuration to the original EBMM Stingray HH..
    Is there any of you that can help me to share a wiring diagram/ scheme, how exactly each of the wire from both pickups attached to the 5-way lever super switch?
    I’ve been looking for this diagram for few weeks, just got this pickup config diagram below:

ps : I just need a wiring diagram that exactly same used on EBMM Stingray HH from pickups to the switch.. from switch to preamps it’s already set

thanks !!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  2. lavaxtris

lavaxtris

Feb 3, 2009
    Stow
    I made a thread about this not too long ago. I couldn't find a diagram so I had to design and draw up my own. Pickups are wired in parallel. This will be easier to read if you have a similar switch found in stingrays.

ihbyiuhkuikj.jpg

James Beard likes this.
  3. James Beard

James Beard

Jul 28, 2021
    Thanks you so much :))

Can you please give a note for the black & red wire attached to the switch (code number 1 & 2) is refer to… which one is the bridge & neck? :D

4. lavaxtris

lavaxtris

Feb 3, 2009
    Stow
    The wires going off the top of the pic are the bridge, and the bottom are the neck. The silver, white and green cables all get wired to a ground. The black cable going from either side of the switch to the bottom of the pic gets wired to the hot input (white) on the preamp. Make sure to also ground the black input on the preamp.

James Beard likes this.
  5. James Beard

James Beard

Jul 28, 2021
    noted !! Thanks man.. you saved my life ✌️

6. lavaxtris

lavaxtris

Feb 3, 2009
    Stow
    Here is a better labeled image.
    435345.jpg

ctmullins likes this.
  7. James Beard

James Beard

Jul 28, 2021
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 20, 2021