1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

help newby with midi controller (latency issues)

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by nboyer941, Apr 29, 2010.

1. nboyer941

nboyer941

Jul 22, 2008
    Burnsville, MN
    I got my first midi keyboard controller.

I'm using Studio One Software trying to record a drum beat.

Everything is going well, except there is some sort of delay on what I'm recording.

I am playing the beat in time, but it is recording it a half a measure slow and it doesn't match up. I can drag the track to be in time when I'm finished...but its annoying.

Any ideas?

thanks.

*edit, I'm using a presonus usb box for an audio interface and my midi is connected to my compter via usb.

2. Lurker79

Lurker79

Jul 3, 2008
    Hayward, CA
    Latency sounds high man. Get yourself ASIO drivers and use that exclusively. It will help.

This
    http://www.asio4all.com/

3. nboyer941

nboyer941

Jul 22, 2008
    Burnsville, MN
    I installed those drivers. When I configure the driver into my studio one software, the audio stops working. Am I doing it wrong?

4. nboyer941

nboyer941

Jul 22, 2008
    Burnsville, MN
    I just reinstalled the drivers for my audiobox interface and the midi controller. No luck.

When I am recording the beat, the sound is coming through right on time and it sounds great. The problem is when I play the recording back....that is where the latency is.

**edit

my studio one software settings says my input latency is 6.8 ms
    my output latency is 30.32 ms.

I don't see how to change these numbers.

5. nboyer941

nboyer941

Jul 22, 2008
    Burnsville, MN
    also, my computer system is 64 bit. My studio one software says it is running 32 bit. I don't know if that matters...?

I got asio4 drivers to work. I lowered the latency all the way. It still has a bad delay.

HELP!

6. nboyer941

nboyer941

Jul 22, 2008
    Burnsville, MN
    I had my effects inserted on each track. This was creating latency.

I need to bus my effects. problem solved.

7. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Better contact presonus. There shouldn't be any problems with recording and playback of midi data.