1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help on recording crapage?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by maggot_me, Apr 6, 2009.

1. maggot_me

maggot_me

Mar 20, 2009
    maggot me
    I want to start recording and I have a windows vista laptop that never moves from my desk, and I want to turn my whole desk into like a mini recording studio I guess.....idk what crap to get, I am up to like a couple hundred bucks and I want it to look all fancy so when my friends come over they see the little purple twisty things and crap. So I need like a package or something for recording that brings like software and stuff.

Thanks,
    Pedro
    :bassist::bassist::bassist:

2. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

What are "little purple twisty things?"

3. RobertPaulson

RobertPaulson

Dec 11, 2008
    Des Moines
    tascam fw-1082 is a really solid interface and has motorized faders, they certainly look cool when they are zipping around, even if they aren't all that useful.

4. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    Get yourself a used Firepod. 8 simultaneous digital imputs. Enough to record a band live, or overdub however many guitar mics they want... I found mine very useful over the last 2 years.

5. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    if you want to get into recording, maybe do some research and see what you are getting into... for a couple hundred and ease of use, something that will give you instant results and compatibility with your computer would be something like a zoom recorder:
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--ZOMH2
    turn it on and hit record, play some, then transfer the files to a free or cheap daw and edit.
    or just spend a couple hundred on led lights and a box of awesome and impress your friends.
    and crap.

6. maggot_me

maggot_me

Mar 20, 2009
    maggot me
    uhh ok.......i checked it all out and stuff but i also got into something my neighbor told me was good idk if it is, but here it is:
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINPSUX2

BTW the little purple twisty thingies are the knobs on my powered mixer but i already have that sitting on my desk

thanks for all your help
    :bassist::bassist::bassist:

7. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Vote for Pedro and his purple twisty things...

8. Cosmic Closet

Cosmic Closet

Feb 6, 2009
    You want lights and thrills, no matter what else you get, you need this:

http://www.dorrough.com/12.html

Regular Christmas trees :hyper:....will impress anyone (apart from also being the industry standard in fine-quality metering.)

Think of a Dorrough as the next best thing to a lava lamp in your production environment :smug:

....ok, I'll leave now.....

CC.

9. mrbass02

mrbass02

Nov 15, 2008
    indy
    ok firts of all, replace your vista with xp. Windows really dropped the ball with vista.