1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help! Sadowsky neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by chantezlebas, Oct 24, 2010.

1. chantezlebas

chantezlebas

Mar 21, 2006
    Hi,

I´ve decided to get a new bass and im inclined to buy a Sadowsky Metro bass the thing is im used to a narrow neck (i curretnly play a Modulus quantum5) and i need a 5 string bass ... ive tried a MS5 and the neck was a bit wide for my hands i would love to get a P/J5 can anybody offer some info about the necks on 5vers on the metro series?

Thank u, Groove on

2. dragonbass

dragonbass

Feb 17, 2003
    N.Y.
    ........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder..........................................................
    All Metro 5 strings are 1 7/8" at nut, with 19mm spacing at the bridge.

Robert

3. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sometimes you're the dog, sometimes the tree Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    If you want a narrower neck, try the Lakland line. The 5-string neck is just a bit narrower (1.8 vs. 1.875 inches) not a huge difference, but I can feel it. Anything less than the Lakland neck size just doesn't do it for me. I had an Ibanez GWB-1 and had to get rid of it because of the narrow string spacing - LOVED the tone, though!

Dan K.