1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help to choose right monitors for use with amplitube

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by andfra, Jun 29, 2019.

1. andfra

andfra

Aug 18, 2017
    I need advice to choose the right monitors with the right freq to cover 4 - 5 string bass.
    My own thoughts is either yamaha hs7 or yamaha hs5 with sub.

The hs7 go down to 43hz and it dosent cover the bassguitar freq completely but thats mayby not gonna be a big different? Or should i go with the hs5 with sub to have a full cover? The problem with the hs5 is that they dosent sound good in to listen to music BUT maybe with the sub it will sound better like the hs7?

Someone with experience of amplitube and what monitor do you use? Somebody tried the yamaha hs series and what do you think about them in a bassamp sim context?

2. andfra

andfra

Aug 18, 2017
    Bump!

3. guts

guts

Aug 13, 2018
    Basically any of them will. Those frequencies below 60Hz or so are not important to the sound of the bass. They just sound like a rumbling noise and the only time you don't want to cut them out is if you want your music to sound muddy or extremely quiet.

4. And I

And I Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Witchtown, MA
    Will you only consider Yamaha? What is your price range? How large is your listening room?

Studio monitors are not built to sound "good" they are built to be accurate and detailed. If you just want speakers to hear your bass and you are not mixing / critically listening to music then get whatever sounds good to you. You don't need a sub or large speakers to hear bass well. I mix on Focal Alpha 50s and they have more than enough low end.