1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Help.. Warwick Thumb Bass THRU Neck 4?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by teejfunkymonk, Apr 27, 2009.

1. teejfunkymonk

teejfunkymonk

Apr 27, 2009
    Hello,

Im a newbie at this whole cyber chat thing but am in need of some help!

I am looking to purchase a brand new Warwick Thumb Thru Neck 4 String bass asap and discovered one at a shop called Four Four. They have it listed at £1999 which sounds good, anyone shed some light on if this will be a bargain or not?? GAK have them at £2449 but apparently have no stock.. The guys at Four Four have 1 left at that price so im tempted! If anyone knows of anywhere that sells em cheaper give me a heads up!

Heres the links to their websites!

www.gak.co.uk
    www.fourfour.co.uk

Cheers
    :bassist:

2. john flipcycle

john flipcycle

Oct 13, 2004
    Reading UK
    Partner, The Strat Shack www.thestratshack.co.uk
    The cost of new Warwicks have really gone up thanks to the exchange rate and the rise in cost of raw materials. If this shop have a bass left at the old price then its a good deal. If you want to order a new one then its going to cost you more. You can download the latest Warwick price list from the www.warwick.de webpage and you can see that even £2449 is a huge discount from the 2009 RRP.

I would contact the shop and see if they have the bass in stock and confirm its condition. Maybe its cheaper because its second hand or shop soiled or maybe just because its old stock.

Either way if you want to spend that much I would defiantely suggest going to a shop that has one and trying it out, they all vary a bit and you wouldn't want to end up with a bass that wasn't for you. It's a whole heap of cash to drop on a bass mail order.

3. calgone47

calgone47

Dec 25, 2006
    Hampton, VA
    You should hit Greg up at RocketMusic.net. I know he has a real pretty Thumb NT4 in stock.

*Edit* I should add that I just bought my second Warwick today (both purchased from Greg) and couldn't be any happier with the deal and customer service!