Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help with delta 44

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Andy Nelson, Dec 22, 2004.

1. i can't get stereo sound out of my headphones with my delta 44.

i have them pluged into OUT 1 and i only get sound out of the left channel.

any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Those outs aren't stereo channels, they're mono (left is out1, right is out2.) You'll have to patch outs 1 and 2 to two channels on a mixing board/headphone amp/stereo system/etc, and plug your headphones into that.

3. thanks, whats the cheapest solution?

4. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    i would get a 1/8" jack splitter (one male goes to two female) and plug your headphones into one jack, and your pc speakers into the other. you can get one at radioshack for like $6. for another $6 you can get a little volume control that you can plug your headphones into. this will all come out of your pc's standard sound card, not the 44.

here is the splitter.

and here is the volume control thingy. i use these exact components.

5. ah cool thanks, i think they also make a 1/4'' i'll see if i can get that so it'll plug right into the box.

6. rusmannx

rusmannx

Jul 16, 2001
    you mean so you can plug 1/4" right into the delta? you still won't get stereo through the delta. each of the 4 outs are all mono.
    ther may be a way to use 1-out and 2-out as a right and left and patch your phones into those.