Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help with new amp...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by asian fish, Nov 20, 2003.

1. asian fish

asian fish

Mar 18, 2003
    Hey.
    I am curently browsing the market for a new amp.
    I would like it to be around 150 - 300 Watts.
    I've gone around to a few shops and checked out some, but was wondering if anyone here could suggest any good Bass amps around the $700 - 1000 (australian) mark?
    Thank you very much.

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Welcome to the boards fellow aussie!

Now your not going to get too much for less than $1000, id hate to tell you, but if thats your price range, pretty much everything second hand goes between 700 and 1000. If you want something new, i got my Peavey TNT115BW for 1200. Check out the Hughes and Kettner range, i think they might come in around the 1000 mark.

Good luck hunting!

3. asian fish

asian fish

Mar 18, 2003
    Thank you for your warm welcome.
    Yeah... second hand... new... I dont mind.
    I would be willing to pay upto $1500.
    Excuse my ignorance but could you give me a little more info on the Hughes and Kettner range.
    Thanks again.

4. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Hughes & Ketter Home Page

They make bloddy good amps. I really cant give you a price, but where in australia are you from? If its Melbourne, then your in luck ;)

ive played one, and it was quite impressive. Id rate them very similar to Peaveys gear.

Anyway on their web site, check out the BassForce range. Heres the summary of one that i think would be pretty darn good.

Hope that helps!

5. asian fish

asian fish

Mar 18, 2003
    No... NSW.. Sydney.
    Damn.. meaning I would have to get it posted up here...
    I've had a quick look around their site...
    I think I may have found one :D
    Do you know much it would cost to get it up here..?
    Thank you very much for your help.
    You have my most deepest regards.

6. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Sydney, well thats probably even better! There are a few members around here that go buy the names PICK and Petebass that live in sydney. Theres a shop completley dedicated to bass players there, its irnoically called 'The Bass Player'. Have a look at their web site. www.thebassplayer.com or if that doesnt work, try www.thebassplayer.com.au

You dont have to ship anything up from melbounre :D What i meant was that if you lived in melbourne, i could give you some shops to go look at ;)

7. asian fish

asian fish

Mar 18, 2003
    Sorry for bringing this back to the top.
    But Thank you very much..
    I'll look into that...
    is www.thebassplayer.com their site...
    It doesnt tell you much..
    Thanks again. :)