Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

help with QSC RMX 850

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HellsBassSlayer, Sep 24, 2003.

1. Hello, hopefully this is not in the wrong forum. Anyhow, I plan on purchasing two Tech21 SansAmp preamps, and setting them to the proper levels for bi-amping, and then a QSC RMX850. The only thing I'm seeing as a problem is this, my cabs take the standard 1/8" plug, while the speaker outputs of the QSC is both Speakron and binding post type jacks. Do they make some sort of adapter that goes from Speakron to 1/8" plug or something? Thanks for your time all who read and reply..

2. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

I go from the binding post/banana plugs to the 1/4" inputs on my monitors. I took a pair of EB speaker cables (1/4" - 1/4"), cut off one end of each and put a Radio Shack banana plug on the cable (so I have banana->1/4" cables).

You should be able to buy adapters as well.

You can probably also buy speaker cables with the connectors you want already there (although with speakon->1/4" you would need to make sure the wiring is what you need - I've not done anything with speakons so far).

3. thanks alot for your help. very appreciated..