Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Henry Butler?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by nicklloyd, Aug 1, 2005.

1. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Is anyone here familiar with Henry Butler? (New Orleans pianist) I played with him during a recent blues festival, and was completely mesmerized. His recordings are exceptional, but the live version was more than memorable... definitely an evening I won't forget.

2. abaguer

abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    Yeah I just did a European tour with Henry in May. Great player and I too was mesmerized. Nice guy as well. Saw him again in early July when he was up in NY and sat in on our BB Kings gig. This guy deserves a lot more attention.

3. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    i also worked with henry a few years ago on BG,he's a great player and a great guy.at that time he was just getting into making blues records after making some jazz sides for atlantic.he was telling me how much fun he was having playing the blues,so it's good to hear he's still doing his thing.

4. Absolutely! Great player and person!

If you ever get a chance to come here to New Orleans, plan on checking him out at one of the many local clubs he plays here!

5. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Oh, and Johnny Vidacovich was playing drums w/Henry and I. He was outstanding as well! I've always though about moving to nola...hmm... :meh: