1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Heroes? Who's addicted?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tplyons, Sep 22, 2008.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I was at a friend's house on Thursday who opened my eyes to Heroes, the TV show on NBC. I'm fascinated now, after seeing the first episode, I borrowed the remainder of the first season from him and just finished watching it.

This week, I'm watching season two, and will download the episode that aired tonight so I don't watch out of order.

Who else is addicted to this fascinating show?

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    i've been onboard since the first episode. I'm about to watch the premiere for season two.

3. LKdubby

LKdubby

Nov 2, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I have to admit that I've been watching since season one. It's a pretty cool show even though they had the kinda lame "save the cheerleader, save the world" motto..

I actually do quite a bit of online watching on nbc and abc dot com's.. I just saw an ad on myspace for the new season of heroes and was just about to load up nbc.com to see if the new episode is uploaded yet..

Speaking of all this online watching, Ugly Betty on abc.com is kind of a fun show and Pushing Daisies also!

So who's your favorite "hero" anyways? :D

Depending on the criteria I'd have to say Claire for her hotness (and healing ability) and Peter for his power absorbing qualities!

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Only to the disposable assortment. ;)

5. Georynn

Georynn

Dec 4, 2007
    Memphis,Tn
    My name is Jeff and I'm an addict...

Anyone check out the web stuff (primatech paper site and all*)?

*...yes I'm a nerd

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Favorite Hero? Claire for sure. I've always had a thing for Hayden.

Other than that, it's Peter for sure. Can't disagree with someone who can do anything.

7. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    If memory serves, you're young enough to get away with that. As for me, I'm 31 and a friend of mine told me to check out this show, going on and on about how hot he thought this chick was. At first I thought he meant Ali Larter. Then I realized he meant Hayden Pantiereereesesisrerwhatever. THEN I realized she was the little girl from the football movie with Denzel. THEN I felt more than slightly grossed out.

As for the show itself, it seemed really interesting, but any show where you have to be cognizant of what went on the previous week is problematic for me and my schedule. Maybe I should check them out on DVD.

Then again, I borrowed all the episodes of Twin Peaks on DVD last year and that didn't make it any better.

8. I absolutely loved season 1. Season 2...not so much. I would go so far as to say that season 2 was one of the worst seasons of a tv show I've seen.

9. She is in her twenties though, 9 or 10 years difference isn't that bad.

Does anyone know of any webiste that have got series three online yet? We don't get it in this country for a few weeks and can't wait that long.

10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i watched the first 10 or 11 episodes of the first season. not good at all. i wish i'd seen some of the second season, where apparently the shows ran on a shoe-string budget, or at least look like it. :D

11. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I love Heroes. You can watch the shows online at NBC.com. And I dig the online graphic novel, too.

Okay, I'm a nerd, too. But it is a great concept. Hiro is my favorite because he's so geeky. And anyone raised on comcic books who found they suddenly had powers would probably geek out just like him at first. Thank God he resisted spandex at least. I never understood the need for comics heroes to dress so strangely. I mean I understand in the comics why they need to look distinctive, but I never understood in movies where they didn't have a crowd of strangely dressed superfolk already in their world why they still make the strange spandex outfit that the wear in the comic.

when the Xmen movies came out, a lot of fanboys complained that they didn't put on their comics uniforms. I thought that was the only part that made sense.

I'm currently dying to know how they're going to explain the new Ali Larter character.

12. I quite enjoy heroes though it strikes me a as a bit of a poor mans Lost. Second series was terrible compared to the first season, though it didn't help that our station over here really dicked viewers around about it.

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I watched them all online in the last couple weeks (no tv at home)... I'll watch the new one @ work on the weekend. I'm looking forward to it.

my fav... Hiro!

14. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    I don't know about worse season of any TV show, but season 2 was a true stinker when compared to season 1.

I only caught the first 1/2 of the 2 hour premiere but I'll catch the other 1/2 tonight. I like shows that have an overarching story line that spans one or multiple seasons. Guess that's why I liked Babylon 5 so much. :)

15. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I'm a fan of Hiro.

16. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    I love the show but Season 2 sucked.

17. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Just watched my first last night. Cool.

+1 on Hiro, he makes the show.

18. My wife is addicted to it. I've never watched it. Same thing with Prison Break and many other shows. Our TV interests are polar opposites. We both watch 24 but that's on hold :)

19. I love heros - its the only show I've watched every episode of.

I think season 2 was good considering the smaller budget and the writers strike that took off a whole chunk of available plot-lines and episodes.
    Season 3 was supposed to be part of season 2!

20. I am about to watch the season 3 premire right now. Season 2 was awful if i cant get into this episode then i am giving it up.