1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Hesitation between AO 50s and AP Precision bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MattWolstenholm, Jul 4, 2020.

1. American Original 50s Precision SB

33.3%
  2. American Professionnal Precision w/ maple neck

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. American Professionnal Precision w/ rosewood neck

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. American Original 60s Precision SB

66.7%
  1. MattWolstenholm

MattWolstenholm

Aug 22, 2019
    Hello fellow low-enders,

I want to finally buy a good precision bass but I can't manage to decide between several models :

• American Original 50s Precision SB

• American Professionnal Precision w/ maple neck

• American Professionnal Precision w/ rosewood neck

• American Original 60s Precision SB
    I really love the look and sound of the 50s precision more than the others, but everyone is telling that this is the thickest neck and also the largest of them all.

Do someone has the precise specs of the Precision Thick "C" neck for this specific model, and is it so different for example from a 60s precision neck profile ?

I can test AO 60s and Pro in my area but not the AO 50s (unavailable anywhere around my town)

If somebody can help me it would be very kind !

Thanks and best regards ;)

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021