1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hey everyone/and my first question

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Paigon713, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Hey everyone,

I'm a failry seasoned musician, played guitar for 8 years and switched to bass two 1/2 years ago. After about 6 months I realized that I should have always played bass so now I'm trying to master the instrument. I thought talking to other bass players might help me to learn alot.

Like I'm going to start with my first question now.

I have been using round wound strings because of an instructional video i bouth on funk. Now keep in mind that my band is not funk, nor do I truly play punk style...check out my music on www.contrastband.com or www.myspace.com/contrastband ... I'd say we are more like a grunge/metal band like alice in chains meets creed meets godsmack...something along that realm. I play with my fingers, no pick...any suggestions on what type of string will get me a great tone.