hey mate

Discussion in 'Bass Central' started by bassman_lawrenc, Aug 4, 2009.

1. bassman_lawrenc

bassman_lawrenc

Aug 4, 2009
    im having problems with the sound of my musicman stingray5
    it has 5 tone selectors and i thought i was ok with it really. The low B has that big and deep sound, but the open E, whenever i use it........its muffled........and i dont like the way it sounds.......stingray is not as verstatile as i thought it would be........

i just bought it 4 days ago......maybe im wrong, but right now im really having a hard time looking for whats the best sound it could possibly give me............especially durings gigs and just a behrenger amp to boot

how can i properly set it up?
    thanks man

2. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    take it back and ask them to set it up properly for you

3. bassman_lawrenc

bassman_lawrenc

Aug 4, 2009
    im having problems with the sound of my musicman stingray5
    it has 5 tone selectors and i thought i was ok with it really. The low B has that big and deep sound, but the open E, whenever i use it........its muffled........and i dont like the way it sounds.......stingray is not as verstatile as i thought it would be........

i just bought it 4 days ago......maybe im wrong, but right now im really having a hard time looking for whats the best sound it could possibly give me............especially durings gigs and just a behrenger amp to boot

how can i properly set it up?
    thanks man

4. bassman_lawrenc

bassman_lawrenc

Aug 4, 2009
    i cant just take it back...........i didnt got it from a store......i got it 2nd hand from some bassist......in fairness to him he did asked me to sound check it first......and so i did but with a very nice amp........but now im kinda stuck with a 75 watts behringer amp in a club where i gig, and im telling ya.........it just wont get out, talking bout the right sound the music man is well known for.....now im using my old spector bass which i believe at moment the better bass of the two

5. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Find someone that does setup and/or take it with you into a store and play it thru a really nice rig....

Sometimes a nice bass will show the good or poor quality of an amp...
    I'd try to roll of some bottom, flatten the highs and move around the mids until you find something you're comfortable with....

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021