1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hi Everyone! New Player/Member

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Maddo, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Maddo

Maddo

Nov 24, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Hi everyone! I have been playing guitar for 15+ years and have recently transitioned to bass. Despite the fact that I've been playing for a while, I've been stuck at the 1 year mark as far as my skills go. I found that I just didnt get excited about playing guitar riffs. I always wanted to play bass so I just said to hell with it and picked one up second hand. I then took advantage of the Black Friday deals and got myself a practice amp. I took the bass to get a full set-up and restring and have been playng non stop since yestreday morning. I AM IN LOVE.

Thankfully, my years of being a mediocre guitar player has helped me speed along the beginning stages of my online lessons. I've been playnig and playing and cant wait to get better and maybe some people to jam with.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. Can't wait to get to know all of you! Thanks!

Here are some pics of my gear.

Attached Files:

G-Z likes this.
  2. Oddly

Oddly Unofficial TalkBass Cartographer! Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Welcome!
    Always wonderful to see another guitarist seeing the light and joining the low end.
    That's a fantastic bass/amp set-up.
    You may very well never need anything else...although a few days on here will have you convinced otherwise.
    These guys are the greatest GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) enablers ever.:)

That said, that bass should certainly cover pretty much everything you'll ever want.

3. Maddo

Maddo

Nov 24, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Thank you! That being said, I’m not sure how good the stock pups are. I’ve been trying to do some research online, but can’t find much info on them.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome to TalkBass!!!!

Your first setup beats the crap out of mine.

Looking forward to your contributions.

5. Welcome.