1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hi from New York City!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Darylw425, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Darylw425

Darylw425

Mar 16, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    Founder: BassBrites USA
    Hi everyone. New member here, and this is my first post.

I'm 26 and have been playing and loving bass for over 10 years in various bands and projects.

I'm here now because my love for bass has recently been rejuvenated. I'm all about it again. Just got a new job with more cash, and looking to pick up some new gear. I love my Carvin LB75 5 string, but it's time for something new...but i can't decide on what!

I currently play in a Meat Loaf tribute band called Anything For Loaf (www.anythingforloaf.com) as well as a party cover band that plays rock, funk, pop, country...so i need a bass that is versatile.

Any suggestions? I want something good that will last a while, so i'm willing to spend about $1,000 - $1,300 or so. I loved the tone of the EBMM Stingray i played recently, as well as the Warwick thumb - but i'm worried this won't have the versatility i need. Any thoughts on the Line 6 modeling bass - the Variax Bass? I definitely want a 5 string too. I currently play through an SWR workingman 2x10 combo with a 15 extension cab for larger gigs, and have a Sansamp BDDI. (but may want to upgrade my rig soon too)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!:D
    -Daryl