1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hi from RCCollins

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RCCollins, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Good morning! I am here wanting to talk bass effects if you are interested in doing so. I understand that some in the effects forum have a problem with what I say (or how I say it) I thought that if you want to ask questions, we can discusss bass effects. Cool?

2. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    I have a problem with what you just said and how you said it.

3. Hi Je--, I mean, RC....what do you think of the new MXR octave pedal? Is it cool? Should I use a metronome? Thanks for sharing your valuable time and insight! Dave

4. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    +1

5. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science! Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    Let's talk about how badly you need a Mesa V-Twin! ;)

6. I haven't actually used one but let me recommend it anyway because i already unloaded my octabass and i heard that boss pedals arent true bypass

7. That makes two of you.

8. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Sometimes sarcasm doesn't come through on the interwebs, and sometimes it does.

9. great idea! especially if it means more people see the FS links in my sig!

counting is pointless OK? and a metronome is not an effect!

10. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    I don't have any problem with you at all, I have fun with the back and forth, I even learn something sometimes.

We all are here striving for our own sound so feathers will occasionally get ruffled. If you ever get me actually upset trust me you will know:p

As for questions........ I can't remember your setup so please list all your gear so we can all judge you and then pick your brain:D:D:D

11. I like the effects forum. I don't know much about effects and you are one of the few people who consistently posts excellent ... posts. You are a solid. Keep it up.

12. I play my Hondo RCCollins signature model 4-string exclusively and i have a signature amp coming out from Acoustic USA that i recommend all of you buy several of because it embodies my personal vision of the bass guitar.

Wow I appreciate your earnestness, that is sincerely nice of you to say. I'm just sorry your sentiments were wasted in my ridiculous parody thread.

13. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Why are you getting rid of the Lo-Tone?

especially before I can take it off your hands. :scowl:

14. i provided gutshots to behringer for their upcoming knockoff... for a small fee

otherwise i would never have tried it, i am too cheap to buy my own gear so i rely on ebay scams and questionable endorsements

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    How come you believe that usage of effects shouldn't be taught in music schools? And why are you always putting down Vic's methods for using effects then inviting him to do clinics at your school?

16. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    sorry, but who's rc collins?

17. 1) none of them offered me enough money for an endorsement. I'm way better than anyone they've got. And I'm still waiting for my honorary doctorate for out-jerkazoiding frank zappa.

2) i legitimately envy victor wooten but i was willing to fake humility for an hour and a half in exchange for six cases of hair scrunchies

a bedroom hack best known for getting snarky in the effects forum who actually doesn't have anything against jeff berlin so i hope nobody gets too upset about this

also i'm pretty sure JB could kick my arse

18. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The greatest effects master who ever lived. Just ask him.

19. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Thanks, where can I check out his mastery?

20. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Then please post gutshots of the Bassweet!