1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hi from RCCollins

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RCCollins, Mar 28, 2009.

1. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    So creepers like you can stalk him?

Besides, he's Jeff Berlin, a legend.

2. who? :bag:

3. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL

Wow, you have a great memory! But wasn't that a Fiat you were driving then? With the Pizza Hut sign on top? :rolleyes:

4. HA....HAHAHA.....HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. you gotta stop puffing on the job - i found two roaches in the ashtray of the GT and they aren't mine because i realized long ago that substance abuse impairs your ability to improvise

besides i was back at the bar until after closing and i'm pretty sure you drove that cinquecento home

6. TOOL460002

TOOL460002 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Santa Cruz CA
    what the ***k is an rccollins? sounds like a soda i dont want to drink

7. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    WAITAMINUTE!!!

Your not the real RCCollins? :scowl:

8. i've already provided a link to one of my projects, but here is my bio

also, so many of you expressed your enthusiasm for my unrequested, unlicensed and unneccesary norah jones overdub project that i have decided to take the opportunity to give you folks here in the tb effects forum a sample of my current superfluous overdub project, wherein i demo my upcoming line of guitarcenter/deltalabs stompboxes (my relationship with behringer ended earlier today when they rejected my plans for a slow gear/sonic maximizer/inverse reverb combo device)

-- so without further ado, here is a clip i did demoing my upcoming deltalabs rccollins signature digital op-amp modelling compressor - it's my take on victor wooten's (grrr) take on "amazing grace" and i think it really demonstrates the pedal's effectiveness at balancing string volume and adding a kind of punchy warmth that helps cut through in the mix

9. stop putting words in my mouth

10. So... You were the first to use effects, but then stopped using it once everyone else did it, right?

11. i have never been satisfied with using pedals designed for 6-string guitar when playing electric bass. many guitar effects (particularly modulation effects, distortion less so) tend to boost the high end to the point that it is necessary to compensate with expensive equalizers

that's the reason i developed my method of using a pick to achieve a broad pallete of effect "models", and I am satisfied that i have become capable of emulating the entire pallette of, say, Boss guitar effects (which, while true bypass, tend to boost the noise level too much for my taste)

My new signature line of behring- I mean, GC/Deltlabs effect pedals are the first and only effects designed to crrespond with my personal vision of the bass guitar. They are entirely true bypass, which helps preserve your tone when using long cables in performance (which tends to act as a subtle highpass filter, boosting the mids - and believe me, your audience will notice the difference) while making your entire tone completely transparent, as well as being both hollow and full.

12. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    This is like the "Spinal Tap" of TB threads.

Right? :eyebrow:

13. pretty much, yeah

i have enjoyed chatting with you about effects today. in the past i used to give many clinics and i enjoyed having contact with the public and massaging my ego. perhaps we can do this again at some point in the future if i have nothing better to do

14. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego

Shhhh quiet guys, he's catching on!

15. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Pfft. The REAL RCCollins could have kept this thread going for three days. Impostor!

16. No fair...I just got here! And I REALLY need to know if its true that you can claim your pedals as dependents on your income tax return...really really...

17. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Tomorrow is a new day of effects chatting with the mighty RCCollins. This thread is not dead.

18. Wasted Bassist

Wasted Bassist

Nov 11, 2008
    Fargo, ND
    I shall do my duty to keep its' mighty flame burning into night! Glory be to our lord God... I mean RCCollins.

19. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    This thread convinces me that we should have a San Diego effects forum meet up.

Make it so Number One!

[​IMG]

20. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Good call. I need to build up my Bass Face pedal before that happens.