1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hi, I'm here on TalkBass now!!!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by BANGTHEORY, Mar 29, 2006.

1. BANGTHEORY

BANGTHEORY

Mar 29, 2006
    Atlanta
    Hey everyone,

I kept finding threads on searches with some fairly good advice, so figured I'd join y'all. By the way, I do use the much maligned Nightbass and love it (it does seem to be a love it or hate it piece of gear). It does help to have some proaudio background to use properly, as the effects are laid out in a very un-stompbox way, but with tweaking it blows away my PODxt and produces some very good and useable sounds for both Bass and Guitar. It probably doesn't hurt that I'm using a very flexible bass (old Soundgear from the now defunct USA Custom Shop with EMG's and sweepable mid 3 band EQ), I generally run it side by side with the POD (and fix phase issues in my DAW).

That said I do want a few good Tube pre's (Ampeg SVP-CL, Alembic F-B2 and Aguilar DB-680), but these are really just icing on the cake, as "good tone" comes from you and your ear and not really JUST your gear...I promise.

Good luck to everyone and have a great week.-S.