1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hipshot Bass Xtender model for a Sire MM V7

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by toribiob, Sep 25, 2017.

1. toribiob

toribiob

Feb 18, 2013
    Hi. Have you installed a Hipshot Bass Xtender in your Sire MM V7?

Do you know which models fits and works perfectly with this bass? What are your experiences?

I've already asked both to Sire and to Hipshot support, but still waiting an answer. Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    The Hipshot web site says the BT1 is for MM instruments.

3. toribiob

toribiob

Feb 18, 2013
    Thanks for your help. There is some confusion with the MM letters. Used alone, usually stands for Music Man. Used with Fender MM (or MiM) stands for Made in Mexico. Used with Sire V7, MM stands for Marcus Miller.

So in my post i meant Marcus Miller. In Hipshot website MM stands for Music Man.

Anyway, Hipshot answered my request yesterday. They say the closest option is the BT7 model, but the holes doesn't match and need adjustment. I've ordered one and expect to receive it in a week or so.

Have you tried to install one for yourself with non-specialized tools? Did you find it easy or difficult? Should i leave it to professionals?

4. sissy kathy

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I installed on but it matched the existing holes and wasn't an issue.

5. Yolo Swag Brah

Yolo Swag Brah

Nov 16, 2017
    But was it the Sire v7 bass or the Musicman bass you tried it on?

6. sissy kathy

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Neither, I installed one on a MIM.

7. ik ben jos

ik ben jos

Dec 9, 2016
    I'm thinking of installing a hipshot extender myself.

Did you install it?
    Was it easy?
    Anything I should consider before buying?

Thanks!

8. Daedraziel

Daedraziel

Aug 19, 2013
    Toms River NJ
    Resurrecting this thread! I picked up a V9 recently (she's pretty) and need to know which Xtender to buy. Hipshot hasnt gotten back to me in about a week and I use the Xtenders on my gigging basses. I dont know if it's the BT1 or BT7. Any feedback?

9. sissy kathy

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
  10. Daedraziel

Daedraziel

Aug 19, 2013
    Toms River NJ
    Heard back from Hipshot today. They have a newer Xtender that isnt on the website meant for the Sires. BT14 I believe. Just ordered one, hopefully they will enter production soon!

11. Plagborg

Plagborg

Jun 18, 2019
    How did you order one? Where can i find it ?

12. Daedraziel

Daedraziel

Aug 19, 2013
    Toms River NJ
    I ordered/recieved/installed it already on my V9. The model is BT14 according to the sales guy at Hipshot, took over a month to arrive since it's not a standard production model yet. It works as well as my others and but needed modification unlike my other basses xtenders. The backing plate holes were not aligned correctly, I had to drill 1 fresh hole. The tuning peg itself sat a tiny bit crooked in the hole and was really tight until I loosened the mounting screws and reset them.

Not knocking Hipshot at all, I was OK with a non production product and figured a little modification would be needed. So far it has worked beautifully for 5 x 4+hr shows.

Id email them directly or call and ask about it. I spoke with a gentlemen named Jason

13. bbh

bbh Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Just got a V10 prototype 5 string. It seems to that there could be a sloppy floppy string issue tuning down the E string, but just food for thought.