1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Hipshot hb3 question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Hachimitsu, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Hachimitsu

Hachimitsu

Jun 6, 2019
    New Zealand
    I received a set of four hipshot hb 3 tuners yesterday, the pre cbs style ones.

3 turn with a decent amount of resistance while 1 is a lot easier to turn, it feels like it has half the resistance of the others. I don't have the neck that I will install them on yet to test them properly. Does this sound like normal variance? Or should I suspect it may be a problem?

I bought them from guitar parts factory

2. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson Commercial User

Feb 4, 2011
    Fillmore, CA
    Professional Luthier
    All of the Hipshot HB-series tuners have an adjustment for the friction drag on the key shaft. It's the small black button on the end of the key shaft, opposite the ear. Look close, and you'll see that the hole in the button takes a small Allen wrench. Tighten it a small amount, and make the friction match the others.

Skillet and Hachimitsu Pie like this.
  3. Hachimitsu

Hachimitsu

Jun 6, 2019
    New Zealand
    Perfect! Thank you so much

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021