1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hissing Hartke 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by aggiebass09, Apr 9, 2010.

1. aggiebass09

aggiebass09

Jul 16, 2008
    Texas
    I'm currently running a Behringer UltraBass 300-watt head with a 4x10 Hartke transporter cab. I noticed not long ago that the cab has developed a hissing sound. It was tolerable not noticeable in a live setting but it's gotten to the point where I can't play a live show with the cab.

I've used the head to DI into a PA and there was no hiss so it's not the head. Neither of my basses are the issue because those have been tested in other amps.

I don't think the speaker is blown because I still get good tone but there's just an overlying hiss over everything. Anybody have any suggestions?

2. aggiebass09

aggiebass09

Jul 16, 2008
    Texas
    nothing? :(

3. Joe Milo

Joe Milo

Nov 1, 2009
    Geneva Ohio
    I play thru a Hartke LH500 amp and Hartke 410XL. My rig hisses too. If I turn down my Treble Boost/Cut on my bass the hiss goes away. At least that has worked for me.