Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dan Molina, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Bout dang time! Headcrabs, death comes for thee :hyper:
  2. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I remember in 2000 when I pre-ordered it from CompUSA because it was coming out later that year...

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  4. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I'll believe it when I see it on the shelves.
  5. Well, you can already pre-load it onto your computer from Steam. It's weird that you can preload the whole game, yet it won't be in stores for another month. I think I recall hearing something about problems between Valve and the publisher for the delay.

6. ... I already posted a thread about this like yesturday... but it had a tital, "cs source" cuz Half life sucks, it's all about CS :D

anyway, of course it's gold, if you have steam it pops up as soon as you log on so that way they can rap you in to buy it.

Counter Strike > HL2

7. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    CS is crud, You can but right infront of someone Pointing the aK right at there chest unload an entire clip and still die. DoD is a much better game.
  8. IMO, there are many HL mods better than CS. (NS and DOD being the obvious ones.)
  9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Delta Force 2 > Everything
  10. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

Having a life and time to myself was getting so irritating!
  11. vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    I hope it lives up to the hype. I was more excited about Doom3 being released, and that was a disappointment.
  12. I hear ya on that.
  13. Just noticed the addition to the sig, Tyler. Nice.

14. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I gotta be the only one here who was majorly into TFC vs. DOD or CS. Though I did have a lot of fun playing DOD and CS was AWESOME when it first came out and the cheaters weren't so rampant. FA was a fun game for awhile too. I also rocked the HLDM for the first few years. HL2 will probably kick ass and even if it doesn't, you KNOW that someone will create an interesting mod from it.
  15. Actually vbass, there are a ton of interesting mod projects in progress for HL2 already. And, if you're into TF, then check out Doom3 Fortress. http://www.planetdoom.com/d3f/ It probably won't be released for a while though.
  16. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    TFC was my first love. I stopped playing it because FOX bots taking over almost all servers.
  17. It's my fieldy appreciation sig :D
  18. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Yeah man, I hear you there. The bots really killed a lot of the best servers and I think drove a lot of people away. Too bad cuz I was hooked on that for years.

Davidoc - I'll definitely be checking out doom3F in the future. And I have no doubt that another version of TF will pop up for HL, along with the many other mods that will come out. From what I hear, the gameplay of HL2 in general is a lot more like CS, realistically speaking, so it should be interesting to see the differences. (Considering it's 6 years later and a whole new engine.)