1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hly**** - Supercollider

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Akeris, Sep 13, 2008.

1. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime

Mar 30, 2008
    Florida
    Cool. I still just want a normal one though.

2. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    right on! gotta love the noize! [​IMG]

3. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    whoa. i don't get it. i have the updated version and well i love it, but this new version just seems over the top.

4. GingerConor

GingerConor

May 2, 2008
    Dublin
    i want this!!! are they for sale yet?? man, as long as it can do the normal super collider sounds, id be happy but this is perfect!!! THIS IS WIN!!

5. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    If it will give it similar sounds to the Fuzz God II and Fuzz Factory then I'm very much interested.

6. GingerConor

GingerConor

May 2, 2008
    Dublin
    I WANT ONE SOOOO BAD!!!!!!

Hi Conor,

I'll posting more info in the next day but here is some pertinent info:

- all of the standard Supercollider sounds are there

- OSC 1 and OSC 2 stand for Oscillation. The switches engage loops within the circuit that cause it to oscillate when the guitar is not being played (or the guitar vol. has been turned down).

- OSC 1 has a great signal saturation to it and can be used as sort of a boost for solo parts or things like that.

- OSC 2 has a knob that acts as a threshold. This knob controls how soon a note will decay into the oscillating tone and along with guitar volume can produce some synthy video game like sounds. There is a bit of different texture than OSC 1 and the signal is not as intense as OSC 1.

- The beasts will cost $200 due to the extra parts and much extra labor involved. (The standard SC pedals will be going up as well due to various things..more on that later). I will probably end up a doing a pre-order up until around mid-October with a reduced price of around $180.

- Yes, I will ship to Ireland. $12 for Global Air or $24 for Global Priority (if your post office seems to be slow or shady I recommend Priority).

- I'm looking to ship the first units around Halloween.

Thanks for the interest. Check back in a day or two for official ordering info and sound clips of the noises.

-Mark

7. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    Waiting to hear about this new version. My v2 sounds great but this is intriguing

8. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm...

9. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Wow. That audio sample is freakin' boobies.

10. you can get a similar effect by running your supercollider along with the feedback function in your Barge VFB, similar, but not quite as good probably

11. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    Looking forward to hearing it when I get home. I'm kind of iffy on the usability of an osillator on a muff clone but I'll wait till after the sound clip for my final decision.

12. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    It definitely makes it sound more signature. Lovin' it!
    I'd love to hear a clip on bass.

13. Chronicle

Chronicle

Sep 13, 2006
    NY
    yeah i was also thinking that.

14. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    I've just pre-ordered one to replace my original version. The new version with the mids knob was tempting, but this is just too much to resist!

EDIT: Mark's just replied and I'm in line for the first one, serial number #001! I like the fact that this one doesn't have the switch in the middle of the SUPERCOLLIDER text (which MkII had) and that the jacks are top mounted ( = easier to squeeze onto a pedaltrain).