Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HOCKEY FIGHTS!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    The only reason to watch hockey, really...

Here is our bad ass beating the crap out of Anderson of the Victoria Salmon Kings.

And for the slow ones who can't tell who one, the guy in the white is the Bakersfield guy. (#10 Dennis Shiryaev) He's from ukraine. So hes a bad ass.

video

2. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I can't see the vid cause I'm at work, but the best fight I ever witnessed was the Sens and Devils brawl. I don't think I've ever seen 2 goalies so pissed at each other. :rolleyes: Even when they broke it up the first time, the ref went to drop the puck and as soon as he did, oh man it started all over again. Gloves, sticks, helmets were flying everywhere. Very entertaining. :)

AuG

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Huh?

brad cook

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    "I know 3 things... dont mess with mothers, mother in laws, and mother friggin' Ukranians."

Jeez bradley... come on. The Italian Job. duh. OMG.

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    In hockey...is it or isn't it against the rules to fight? I don't get it...sometimes they just let them fight! Why can't they do this in golf?

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    They can fight in hockey, but it is a 5 minute penalty.

Hockey can be every bit as strategic as an actual play...

If you can send out a marginal player and get him to piss off the other sides great player and get him off the ice for 5 minutes, it opens up a lot of opportunities.

Some people think hockey is too rough, so they have tried to scale back the fighting... It will last a year or so, and then people will miss the old time hockey.

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    So if they can fight, I take it that once it get's "too heavy", they break it up?

8. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO

Most of the time it's the referees that dont want to catch a haymaker in the face, so they let 'em fight. Fighting does come with a 5 minute penalty like Mike said, and really most of the time players won't fight unless it's a blowout (like one team up 3 or 4 goals on the other). Then tempers flare and the trashtalking starts.

I'm sure they could do it in golf...what give each player a 2 stroke penalty or something? :D

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

nope

If they fall to the ice, the refs break it up. If it turns into a hugfest, the refs break it up... if one guy is clearly getting the snot beat out of him and may get hurt, they break it up.

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Plus you can get 10 minute miscondact for fighting... its up to the ref...

In olympic hockey fighting is not tolarated though... I dont care much for fighting though... its nice once in a while but too much ruins it... I think good check is much more fun to watch... especially open ice...

11. Spikeh

Spikeh Sex Strings

I played a Hockey game years and years ago on my SNES / NES and you could clip to a different view and have a fight (with all the moves etc!)...

By the looks of that video, the refs are endorsing the fight... pushing the goal out of the way etc... as if it's a selling point of watching hockey!

5 minutes seems a little loose for the beating they give each other! Can they use their sticks?

12. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ

13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

14. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO

Heck no you can't use your stick. That'll get you suspended for a couple of games at least along with a fine if you play for a minor league or NHL team. Not to mention every player on the other team will kick your ass if they saw you do that to somebody.

Speaking as a current player, yes it is ignorant to have that viewpoint. I did manage to catch the sarcasm though.

On the other hand....I watch auto racing only for the crashes..... :bag:

AuG

15. Check out hockeyfights.com? This archive rules!!!

I love how they analyze each team and their goons:
    http://hockeyfights.com/articles/205

I can tell you this, before the year is over, Sean Avery from the Kings will probably be put in the hospital......

16. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Nothing was better then the old Detroit Red Wings/Colorado Avalanche rivalries. Some of those fights got downright wicked.

17. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    It was Chris Osgood and Patrick Roy that went toe to toe at center ice, wasn't it?

18. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Sure was. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember that both benches emtied, the refs couldn't do a thing, goalies were going at it, etc. It was amazing.

And Osgood kicked the crap outta Roy. :D

19. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO

Yes, yes he did. :p

AuG

20. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    Serious?

Why not watch boxing instead if you wanna see fighting... ?