1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Holiest Grail.... Not doing so much reverb

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mr. Moustache, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Sooo, I took my pedal on a roadtrip for a show with no problems, I get back home and after spending a night in my gig bag it decides to start clicking rather indiscriminately, with slight changes in the tone of these obnoxious clicks as I mess with the switches (but even with input gain at 0% it clicks).

I picks up my bass, this much I have figured out, but it's the same results I get when messing with the knob. I get to make my clicks have have different timbre. WOOOO!!

So uhh... Any idea how I can fix this thing? I have no idea what caused the problem or I might know where to start looking.

[​IMG]

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    So, just when you're playing notes and stuff it clicks or when you change a bank or bypass it?

I owned one and noticed that when I moved stuff (sliders, banks, etc.), there would be a pop, especially when I changed banks. I got rid of mine immediately...

3. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    This kind of thing is not really user-fixable, even if you know how to work a soldering iron. It's digital, and all the discrete analog components are almost certainly surface mount (which means tiny). I would guess that the DSP chip is dead. You'll need to get it fixed by somebody who knows how to work on these specific units - not a regular guitar tech at your local music shop. Check out EHX's website to find their usual avenues for getting it repaired.

4. And it just has a consistent click, same tempo, nonstop as long as it's plugged in, and I don't get any noise normally when I'm moving sliders.

:/ that's a pity... I guess its time to get out my checkbook.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 2, 2020