1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hotmail troubles

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bjazzman, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    does anyone else use hotmail here? i tried logging on and i can't get to my inbox. they are trying to make me sign up for live.com and every time i try to do that every single login id is taken. i just my want my messages. anybody else have this problem?

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    dude, almost sounds like you just got phished :(

3. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    damn, you're right!!!! *** is going on? this is weird

4. Bjazzman

Bjazzman

Dec 7, 2004
    Madison WI
    apparently alot of people on other forums are having trouble. anybody out there with hotmail try logging on?

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    as well, i'm has msn messenger with my hotmail account... i click on the mail icon because it's showing i have an email..

it's shows this:

The .NET Passport or Windows Live ID you are signed into is not supported. Please set up a free email account.

6. I can't get in either. :meh:

7. ya- same problem here. then again- im having issues with gmail as well- and half the cell phone towers are down around here. i bought something earlier today with a credit card and got like 15 pieces of paper- had to sign two sheets- and give them my phone number as well. oh how i love/miss technology. but- ya- im pretty sure hotmail is messed up- because im fairly handy with computers and have ironclad virus/network protection- so its definitely not that.

8. DeepBottom

DeepBottom

Apr 8, 2009
    West of Eden
    It's working now.

9. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Works for me.

10. Works for me fine.

11. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    yeah NOW its working

12. crimson_basser

crimson_basser

Jul 9, 2008
    Montreal
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    DUDE

i thought i was the only one!

not only was hotmail not letting me sign in, but i definitely got hacked
    somehow, the away setting turned itself on and started sending automatic messages (which were virus' and /or spam) and worst of all, deleted my ENTIRE contact list

from msn and hotmail
    so im starting from scratch, i made a new email and im starting to add everyone again, which sucks

but ive been hearing that a couple of people in my area have been affected as well, so im thinking hotmail may be experiencing some large scale problems

in any case, its annoying as hell

13. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    I can't sign onto MSN!

14. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    ^^^ Whoa! That sucks!!!

15. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    says something about host files, and i have no idea lol...

16. yep i had the same issues with hotmail and msn messenger, yahoomail sucks too
    gmail is the only thing which works good for me