Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

How about a Wandre?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hambone, Feb 16, 2006.

1. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Oh...I can start!!!

I like blue.

Blue is a nice color, and many nice basses have been built and finished in blue.

2. jordanm

jordanm

Feb 24, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Never heard of it... I can't see there being a big market for a bass like that in its price range...

3. I remember someone posting a bass by the same company a while back. It was even stranger than that one. A naural walnut body (sorta), and most of the body was cut out. It was just the outline of the bass, and the neck through, for the most part. A really strange thing.

4. To me, that neck looks more like an R & D project than a neck for a real instrument. :eyebrow:

5. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Well, plenty not to like there.

The bridge/tailpiece design shouts, "this is really a guitar with four bass strings on it. Do not attempt to play." The bridge position makes it impossible to play except held in guitar position, with a pick.

The neck-- I'm definitely one for rethinking engineering and design, but anything that mates wood and aluminum like that is looking for trouble.

Forget the aesthetics.

My favorite part of the description is,
    At least they admit, not only are the instruments scarce, but so is the desire for them!

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

No, the neck looks like someone used the handle from a snow shovel.

7. BassChuck

BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    This instrument was on eBay about 3-4 weeks ago. If indeed there is a sucker born every minute, you might have to wait an hour for the right one.

8. Holmann

Holmann

Dec 23, 2005
    Ashland, WI
    yargh. I kinda thought it was cool in a pawn-shop-find kind of way- then I saw the asking price. Nope. Not in this lifetime.

Click on the guitar in the "similar items found" catagory- claims these things go for fifty grand.

9. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I'll give him 50 grand for it.....

half of one of these:

[​IMG]

Other than that, if you can't say something nice, snicker and be quiet....:D

10. wow...actually that bass makes wish basses look good!

11. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Maybe that price should actually be in Italian dollars and the conversion to US $ would put it at around 22 bucks.

Does this mean Wishbass has a serious contender for ugliest custom built bass on the planet??

12. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    er...:eyebrow: :help:

13. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Man, that blows.

14. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    NO WAY!

15. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    GBP is Great Britain Pounds...

16. Thank Heaven, Marty McFly...you've found the flux capacitor!!! :D :D

U-G-L-stinkin'-Y!

17. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    "GBP is Great Britain Pounds..."

Umm...thanks for pointing that out. I actually knew that but it was a joke, my suggesting that the seller had screwed up on the currency and that in fact it should have been in Italian currency which when converted to US would have come out to only a few dollars.....aw forget it. It wasn't that funny anyhow.

18. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.:bag: