1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How is this amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 32motleycrue, Jan 4, 2008.

1. 32motleycrue

32motleycrue

Jan 1, 2008
  2. dreadheadbass

dreadheadbass

Dec 17, 2007
    england
    read the reviews dude not many nice words being said about this combo if you gonna buy a behringer buy a cheap 60w practice amp
    this thing is putting 450w through 2 tiny 10" cones no wonder the speakers keep blowing i'd save up a few extra penny's and get something a little better like a harke or something

3. Have you read the reviews at the bottom?

Take the Rumble.

4. 32motleycrue

32motleycrue

Jan 1, 2008
    Haha Yeah I just read the reviews.
    Im calling the guy about the Rumble tomorrow.

5. EddieG

EddieG

Jan 19, 2005
    Scotland
    I'd urge you to get some hands on experience with the amp, if possible. There's a massive anti-Behringer contingent on this board who want to pollute a thread as soon as the "B" word appears, most of whom don't seem to have been near a Behringer product in their lives.

It doesn't seem to have that great a reputation on Harmony Central http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Behringer/BX4210A+210+Combo/10/1, personally I'd say hold on to your money and if Behringer's what you want, get a deal on a head and amp combo.

6. 32motleycrue

32motleycrue

Jan 1, 2008
  7. pipe_godzend

pipe_godzend fender junkie

Nov 26, 2007
    Washington D.C
    take the rumble!!! with those sucky reviews I wouldnt dare to buy that amp. I own a rumble 60 watt i bought it about 5 years ago its a good practice amp the 100 watt should be good enough for live situations go for the rumble dude

8. ishouldbeking

ishouldbeking

Feb 5, 2007
    Hollywood, CA
    Endorsing: SIT, Eastwood, Hanson
    i'm gonna go out on a limb and comment on this without having played it (so sue me)... if you want something that amplifies a bass and can make noise loud enough to be heard, and that's the only thing you want, something with which to hear yourself play in your bedroom, than the SX practice amp would be fine. but from what it looks like, it's probably a 10 watt amp.... won't be built to last, won't get very loud, certainly won't do you any favors tone-wise.

there are plenty of decent practice amps out there, and if you only want to be able to hear yourself than this is probably an ok deal. but it's not the kind of amp you could use to play with a band or perform live, or even record with unless you really didn't mind lousy tone. the behringer and fender will certainly give more volume than the sx.

If you figure out what your needs are for an amp (home recording, jam with a guitarist, play a small venue, etc) and determine a budget it'll be a lot easier for people to recommend amps for you.

9. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I like the reviewer who said that the "Fender Rumble w/ 100 watts and a single 15 could be heard easily next to a peavy stack":D He didn't mention if the Peavey stack was tuned on?:smug:

As for that amp it sounds like something you should pass on. I played through one of those yesterday at GC. I thought it sounded ok. I don't like aluminum cones but the StingRay and Sterling I was playing through it was sounding pretty ok.

10. EddieG

EddieG

Jan 19, 2005
    Scotland
    What exactly are you looking for from an amp? It seems like you have some money burning a hole in your pocket, and not too much idea on what you want out of it.

11. 32motleycrue

32motleycrue

Jan 1, 2008
    I want an amp I can play with a guitarist and drummer at home. I dont want to spend THAT much, because I dont know if im going to stick with bass or not (I think I will).

All the venues around here have amps I can use (im a drummer and ive played them before).

So something I can jam out at home w/ a band and still be heard (Its a trio).

12. So basically you want/need is a 100-150W amp, Fender Bassman 150, Line6 LD150, GK Backline 112/115 and so on. Best is to visit a bigger store and look through the various systems and try them out, see if you prefer a 15" or 12" combo amp, if you want or need a bigger than 150W amp, what weight you would prefer, and so on. Get an amp with a decent to good reputation, there's a good chance you want to upgrade later and it's easier to sell amps with a good name. --Kent

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021