How is this done? *video*

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by organworthyplayer337, Aug 30, 2018.

1. organworthyplayer337

organworthyplayer337 Professional Hack

Oct 28, 2014
    Charlotte, NC

**Please start video at 1:34

And how can I do it too?

He is using a hardware EQ to manipulate a 0db signal (i guess?) to demonstrate how the eq works, but it’s without any actual signal so it’s completely representative of the EQ’s capablities.

It would be nice to be able to do this myself as I learn about this stuff. Having the visual along with actually turning knobs would be very helpful.

Very curious as to how it’s done, or if it’s not a thing and it’s just an edit for show.

Thanks

Apologies if this isn't the correct place to put this question. Mods, please move wherever it should be.

2. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    He's probably feeding white noise in, then taking the output into a spectrum/ frequency analyser.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
    Spidey2112 and bholder like this.
  3. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    I would start with Rosetta Stone, Spanish Edition...

4. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yup, he’s likely using a noise generator. Probably check YouTube/Google for ‘EQ rest noise generator’. Also couldn’t hurt to post a comment on the video and ask.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021