How loud is your Zoom B3?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassgrooves2, Aug 19, 2013.

1. O I recently got a B3 and have had fun creating some great "gigging" patches in my home studio setting.
    I took the littl red box with me to my last rehearsal and what flabbergasted by how noisy the thing is in a live setting. The thing is so hot that it maxed out my channel on the mixer and I had to take the output level on the B3 down to about 3... The stock setting is 100.
    The thing had ll sorts of hum and noise on every patch, when I would bypass, everything was fine. I had none of these issues when at home going direct to sound card or to my practice amp( though I did notice the ouput level was quite hot).

How are you other guys overcoming these issues, if you are having them?

2. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    Find the thread, "B3 as a Preamp" and read through it. Lots of useful info on getting your levels set right.

3. cdparke

cdparke

Aug 20, 2013
    I have a question and i feel like an idiot, but how the heck do I start my own thread on this website?

4. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    Computer or Mobile?

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021