1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How many classic amps are still being used?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bluemystic01, Mar 29, 2009.

1. bluemystic01

bluemystic01

Sep 13, 2008
    I currently play on the only bass amp I have. It is an AC 50 VOX amp. It was made by Jennings in England. I still love the sound this old dinosaur amp and crate produce. It still rattles the house.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Classic amps you say? :hyper:

64 and 77 B-15N's, 69 SVT for me. I use them all the time on gigs. Bet your Vox kills!

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    :bag:
    Maybe you can contact the Jennings historical society, they may let you pull in a parade behind the old cars - aaarrruuugaahhh, Boing boing. :bag:

4. Interceptor

Interceptor

Mar 29, 2005
    Madison, WI
    1972 Bassman is what I use for practice and gigs. It is the only amplifier I own right now.

5. '76 Sunn Concert Bass
    '75 Sunn Concert Slave

Was using an old 70's Earth Sound Research amp for a while too, until it tried starting on fire :mad:

Hopefully getting another Concert Slave soon.

6. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    That's what they get for trying to rip off Peavey! :spit:

7. WoodyJ

WoodyJ Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    '61 and '67 Fender Dual Showmans

8. svenbass

svenbass

Dec 12, 2002
    Boston
    '68 Dual Showman + Kustom 2 x 15 + Fender bass =:hyper:

9. Maybe so. I've always heard bad things about the reliability of Earth stuff. Shame too because the amp sounds pretty damn good, although I was only using it as a slave.

It actually belongs to my drummer. He got it with a matching Earth 2x15 (one of those shallow ones). The cab is great and sounds awesome, but the amp started on fire once before (resistor), and since I was using it when it happened, we went half on the 100 dollar repair. Fast forward a few months and the same thing is happening but with some other part of the power amp burning this time. So, it's time for me to get a second Concert Slave. :)

10. Etingi

Etingi

Nov 3, 2007
    I use a 1975 B-15N.
    [​IMG]

11. Sunn

Sunn

Nov 9, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I use a 1972 Sunn 190B with the SS rectifier.
    I actually use Sylvania 6550s in there from the same era too!!
    I am going to save the Sylvanias and get some EH 6550s soon though!