how many you have done this

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fusion man 85, Apr 29, 2014.

1. fusion man 85

fusion man 85

Dec 7, 2013
    Have dug out that old frist bass you ever bought yourself, and said wow I came a long way as bass player.

2. fusion man 85

fusion man 85

Dec 7, 2013
    20140429_160412.jpg My frist bass from 2005 got her for 200 even lots of punk and metal played on her. The fender was a big jump forward in every way

3. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    Never done it. When I had two double-basses, neither was hidden so that I'd have to dig it out. :)

4. Slough Feg Bass

Slough Feg Bass Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2007
    San Francisco
    I sold off those basses long ago. no reason to keep them stashed in cases in the back of the garage.
    my first couple of basses I passed on to some local kids for like $100.
    they were so happy to get them, they for sure put them to better use.

Plucky The Bassist likes this.
  5. fusion man 85

fusion man 85

Dec 7, 2013
    I always have a special spot for my frist instrument,still have my frist guitar from 1996 as well,sold a lot of other gear before the frist ones

6. Your right. Started with a 60's Kay bass to a 60's Gibson EBO to a 72 Rick (got ripped off) back to a lousy old 59 Fender P Bass!! Then all down hill???? (Mid 70's Gibson Ripper to a 60's Gibson EB2 to a Peavey T40, to a early 70's P bass to a late 70's Rick traded for a new aluminum necked something then I quit). Now I"m excited that I have an american Jazz!! You know what?? I think (from 2010) it's better than all (except that 59 P and 72 Rick???)

7. drurb

Apr 17, 2004
    Hello! This is the DB side, folks. :)

Jsn likes this.
  8. Top of the page:

"
    how many you have done this
    Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fusion man 85, Today at 7:03 PM."

"BG" is bass guitar, I think. This is my frist time looking at that part of the page on the new forum, though. It's the frist thing you see when looking here.

I don't have my frist bass anymore, but I remember the frist time I saw it and the frist song I learned to play on it. I also still have my frist bass amp.

I was the frist kid on my block to learn to play bass. For me, bass will always be my frist love of instruments. It's frist in my book! Frist thing I think of when I think of music. Frist thing I do in the morning before heading off to work is pick up my bass and play the frist exercise that comes to mind. Then it's off for my frist cup of coffee.

acebase62 and Malak the Mad like this.
  9. Genius...
    ;) I kid, I kid. We've all made the mistake of going to the wrong side!

10. deeptubes

deeptubes

Feb 21, 2011
    Virginia Beach
    Nope. Let the first one go about 26 years ago. I don't focus on how crappy I was back then. I try to focus on how crappy I am today and how I can improve.

11. fusion man 85

fusion man 85

Dec 7, 2013
    Sorry for post in the wrong section im using my phone must have hit the wrong tab

12. drurb

Apr 17, 2004
    It has been moved! Happy to see it has found its home on this side. Carry on... ;)

13. I constantly forgot about my first bass but every time I saw it I was reminded of how I was when I first started. Bought it on ebay, some unknown brand, $125 free shipping, didn't know a thing about bass when I got it. Figured the strings were too lose so I started tuning up. Popped the D string. Took months until christmas rolled around and I finally got an amp and strings. I rushed to get my bass and my D string tuning peg and all the hardware with it was just gone. I looked everywhere and never found it. It sat around for a couple of years after I got other basses and I started getting curious about modding stuff so I gutted it to use the body for some random project and all the electronics to throw on something for who knows why. I never got around to either and I ended up throwing all the parts out. Interestingly enough the body was made out of what appeared to be particle board.

14. rapsoncha

rapsoncha

Apr 29, 2014
    I always have a special spot for my frist instrument[​IMG]

15. zontar

zontar

Feb 19, 2014
    J-5
    Well considering that my parents bought my first bass years ago, and it wasn't until a couple of months ago that I went from one bass to two, (And one I bought myself), I don't have to dig it out--it's a couple of months old.

I have guitars as well, but they all get played.

16. radicaldreamers

radicaldreamers

Apr 21, 2014
    My first bass was an Ibanez Soundgear. Loved it to death. A very fun, playable bass. Still have it stowed away somewhere. I played it up until a few years ago when my parents moved and haven't tracked it down since. I was practically bassless for years until I bought a new one this month. Good to be back.

zontar likes this.
  17. basschanges

basschanges Unconditionally Loving Member Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    My first bass was an Ibanez Sr300. It was a greaaaat bass for the money. The bass was destroyed in hurricane Sandy last year. Nothing sadder than seeing what poopy sewage water from Jamaica bay does to wood. :-(. Oh, well, it's only stuff.

18. I have an Ibanez sr300. The neck is soooo nice. I've switched between guitar and bass a lot, pretty well fully set in bass now but the neck was a great medium between the 2. The string spacing is fairly close and is really comfortable. I recently just gutted the thing though of all the electronics and cleaned it all up. Gonna get some pickups and switch it to passive when I get the money. I was considering a new bass or making my own but the weight and again the neck make me just want to improve the electronics.

19. The first bass I ever played was a Fender USA P bass of some kind and it made me fall in love with bass in general. I'd love to get my hands on it again - it belonged to my high school.

The first bass I ever owned was a horrible piece of #### Samick P bass ripoff and I sincerely hope it has since been used as firewood.

20. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Inactive Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    If I could find my first bass, I might... but that would imply that I've progressed as a player since 1976... and I'm not entirely sure that I have!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021