How much power?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Greg Jones, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Greg Jones

Greg Jones

Dec 1, 2005
    Thornton, CO
    Does the Ashdown ABM500 Evo II make at 8 ohms. I did a search but couldn't find this info. I'm thinking about getting this head and starting with an 8 ohm cab so I can add a second cab later.

Smart? Or just go with a 4 ohm now. I was thinking about a 1x15 and a 2x10, or maybe just a 2x12. I'm thinking about Avatar cabs.

2. adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    avatar is a great choice. 2 12 is a great standalone. but it is large. do what i do: 2 10 and a 12. i rele like the balance AND the portability is amazing. having to deal with those bulky larger cabs annoys me.
  3. Greg Jones

Greg Jones

Dec 1, 2005
    Thornton, CO
    Good suggestion. Thanks.

I still would like to know how much power this Ashdown head makes into 8 ohms. I've read it's got 'plenty' of power into 8 ohms but I was hoping someone knew the number. I've looked in their owners manual I downloaded but didn't find it. I'm thinking I'll start out with a single 8ohm cab.
  4. Daytona955i

Feb 17, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I'd say around 300 watts maybe.
  5. Greg Jones

Greg Jones

Dec 1, 2005
    Thornton, CO
    That would be great, and my guess as well.

Thanks all. Still hoping for a definitive answer. I couldn't download the manual from Ashdown's website. ??? It started but never finished. I emailed Ashdown directly and will post any response I get to this question.