1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

how rare and what's it worth

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Tommy Huff, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Tommy Huff

Tommy Huff

Jul 11, 2008
    Hi, I have signature L-2000. It has by Leo Fender on the headstock and Leo Fender on the upper horn of the body. It is green on an ash body. Maple neck with a rosewood board. Now the odd thing to me is it has a black krinkle bridge. Any help on how rare and value would be apprieciated....thanx

2. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    The Leo sig SB-2 that I owned for a while was an '89, and it had the crinkle black hardware. Take off the neck and check it and the neck pocket to be sure. As for sig, I'm not sure how long it was used, but I've never heard that it affected value. It would be interesting if I were wrong on that.

3. hesham8

hesham8

Mar 21, 2008
    No pics, no bass.

4. Tommy Huff

Tommy Huff

Jul 11, 2008
    thanx...TomB for the info.........might anyone know what years G&L did the Leo signature basses? as for NO pics,,,No bass...I am not trying to sell this bass..I'm just trying to gather info on it for myself.....thanx

5. Huh. Cool, I had no idea the was a SB-2 Leo sig.

I've never seen one, can you post a pic?

6. TomB

TomB Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2007
    Vermont
    I wish I could, but I sold it back in about '98. I wish I hadn't.