How to find a local band

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by marineman227, Sep 6, 2004.

1. I'm currently looking to move into a band, most of my closest friends have absolutely no musical ability at all and no interest in playing any musical instrument so that's not an option. I was just wondering if there's an online forum or a good way you guys know of where all musicians are together not just bass players or guitar players etc. so i can meet some musicians in my area and maybe form a band. Thanks
  2. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    over here u see messageboards in musicstores & some recordstores from bands lookin for musicians and vice versa. check out websites from local bands and ask em if they know some people.

good luck
  3. Thanks for the quick replies guys. I went on the milwaukee rocks website and there's alot of great opportunities there. I have sent e-mails so about 5 or 6 bands that sounded interesting, some needing bass players and some just needing singers but hey, it's a start. Thanks for the help and i'll let ya know if i do join a band about how it's going. Time for the next step
  4. check out that website has different forums for all sorts of stuff like bands that are in search for musicians. So good luck!
  5. Phunky

Phunky Guest

Aug 1, 2004
    what's a promo? a cd with you playing solo?